Saturday 16 February 2013

Life is Beautiful

I just LOVE French General fabric. This BOM I started a few years ago called "Life Is Beautiful" is a 'quilt as you go' project. I had never tried 'quilt as you go' before, thought I'd give it a go.

This is one of my favourite block. 


Progress report: I have quilted all 32 embroidered blocks, cut the circle of patchwork out from behind them and appliquéd those circles onto 32 four patch blocks. These are now quilted as well. Before quilting these, I cut a circle out from behind the appliquéd circle and this will be appliquéd over the intersection of the sashing once the rows are sewn together. Got it?


This afternoon I cut out the sashing fabric and laid out the blocks to work out placement.


So here it is laid out on my lounge. A few family members are out tonight and so I pushed the Ottoman up to the chaise and have taken over. The race is on to get the blocks attached into rows before tomorrow night when we are all home again.


Better get sewing.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking so good. Perfect colours for it, and such beautiful stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful Raelee, love the saying too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog