Monday, 20 January 2014

Scrappy Maverick Stars Finished

The last few days I have been working on my scrappy Maverick Star baby quilt. I had a few ideas on how to quilt it, but in the end went for a diamond pattern.

I thought it might look a bit flat just making pink stars, so I threw a green one into each row.

I did cut out a stack of one and a half inch squares to make a scrappy border. However, when I sewed it on, it seemed to draw your eyes away from the stars. So I decided on a scrappy binding instead. I had just visited Crazy Mom Quilts and saw the  tutorial on machine binding and thought I would give it a go.

I was a bit worried about how the corners would turn out, but they weren't too fiddly. I would definitely consider sewing binding on like that again.

This quilt is going to Cheryll who organises Blankets of Love.

This is my first finished project for 2014 and I have just emailed Peg at Happy In Quilting so I can join in with OPAM again this year. Its was great to be part of OPAM for the first time last year. It really motivates you to get things finished and nice to pop around to other people's blogs and see what they are doing.

I could hear thunder rumbling late this afternoon. No rain yet...but hopefully tonight. Our lawn is SO brown and crunchy from the relentless heat and lack of rain.
Hope you are getting some work done on your sewing projects...and if you need it like we do...lots and lots of rain.


5 comments:

  1. oh this quilt is gorgeous ,and will go to a family in need Chez will be so pleased with this gorgeous quilt,you have put so much work in this ,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The addition of the green stars was a great idea. It is such a pretty little quilt for such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful finish! Congrats on trying a new technique to make a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog