Saturday, 7 September 2013

Flannel Hexagon Quilt Finished

Today I am linking up with Friday Night With Friends and Finish It Up Friday.

I am really please to show you my Flannel English Paper Pieced Hexagon Quilt. It was made with the scraps I had left over from previous flannel quilts. My friend Julie let me borrow some of hers (plus I bought a few new ones because it just kept getting bigger and bigger).


It measures 84 inches by 93 inches.
I quilted it by hand using Perle 5 and Perle 8 threads.
 
 
 

My first totally hand made quilt.

Oh, except I did attach the binding by machine, then turned it over by hand. Life's a bit short to sew binding on by hand and there is not enough strength in these fingers to push a needle through that many layers of flannel plus wadding.

Hope you had some time to sew last night too.

 

14 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous finish, you will be so warm and snuggly in it next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from FNwF.That looks cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW........ truly inspiring and this will be toastie warm in the winter..

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely fabulous! A lot of patient work, but well worth the finished result...you are clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the flannel looks wonderful.......well done paper piecing it.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely---and you will be so snuggly under that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish - love the hexies, will be lovely and warm in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beyond beautiful! What a wonderful work of art! Congrats! What do you plan to do with the quilt now?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog