Tuesday 27 January 2015

Emergency Sewing

Do you take 'Emergency Sewing' with you whenever you leave the house? 

You know, some sewing to fill in those times you are held up or kept waiting...usually unexpectedly.

 Our car broke down a couple of weeks ago, about 9km from the nearest town, 30km from home and no mobile phone coverage. When I was finally able to call NRMA (Roadside Assistance), I was informed that there would be a 45 minute wait for someone to tow the car back to town. Well.....how lucky was I that I packed some Emergency Sewing? 

What a shame it would have been to waste a perfectly good sewing opportunity if I had left it at home.

I had just enough time to stitch another star and a half for my EPP Star Quilt.


My tally with this project stands at 78 stars cut out...


thirty six stars stitched...


...and 11 stars stitched together.


I was just thinking how my Sun Visor Sewing Caddy (shown in my last post), would be perfect for storing Emergency Sewing in the car. 

Emergency Sewing: Don't leave home without it.

Linking up with Jess at Life Under Quilts for the Monday Morning Star Count.

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I never leave home without something to work on. Great stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have a sewing project in my bag. I am always waiting for my son so my emergency sewing project is a blessing. I like the bright colors of your stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely never leave home without it! I live in fear of being stuck on a roadside with no sewing. Don't forget the needles either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stars look great! I always have stitching with me...great survival tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every where I go, I have my "go bag".

    bits and pieces to sew, I try to have two hours worth.

    otherwise, I grab a project tin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me Too! I always have my little bag with EPP supplies in it... never know when an opportunity (for good or bad!) will present itself...
    I hope your car wait was not too hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was tough. If there is anything as bothersome, it certainly isn't as problematic as a car grinding to a halt in the middle of the road, at a considerable distance from a target destination. At least, the tow truck solved much of the problem. The next thing you'll have to deal with is prepping up the car for the long haul, which I'm sure you're diligently working on. All the best!

    Cayla Maggio @ Nowthen Transmission Service

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always have a project or a book with me when I leave the house. Waiting for something is much less frustrating when I can keep my hands busy. Nice stars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog