Saturday 6 September 2014

FNWF and FIUF

Today I am linking up with Friday Night With Friends and Finish It Up Friday.
 
I was recently given this lovely book as a birthday gift from Fairy Floss Stitches.
 It has so many beautiful projects incorporating patchwork and wool felt applique. I was not really sure where to start, so I decided to experiment a little by replacing my old peg apron. A job that obviously needed to doing for some time but until recently, I couldn't decide on how I wanted to decorate it.

 
As you can see, it is rather old and tatty. Even the applique hearts are starting to come off. The thing is, I live in a house full of males who do a great job bringing in the washing and folding it beautifully. Previous aprons have been decorated with flowers, hearts etc. Time for something a little unisex.
So I chose a few sea creatures from a cot quilt pattern in the book. I was hoping to include a cute little turtle as well, but he just wouldn't fit.

 There is also a change in the design. Previously the apron was tied with a bow behind your back. For some reason, the guys in my house choose to tie it and wear it around their necks. Have never been able to figure out why, maybe it's more masculine to wear it like a necklace rather than an apron (?).
Who knows?
Anyway, Mr Stitch requested this clip be included in the design and I was happy to accommodate.
So, I have a project completed for September OPAM.
 
Wishing you all lovely weekend.
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I think anything that keeps your menfolk bringing in the washing is worth doing! Fun to work in felt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the apron pattern and hopefully it will keep them helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a pretty classy peg bag! ..Well done!..Glad the book was useful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog