Sunday 23 June 2013

Hexagon Progress


About a week ago I completed that task of sewing all of my flannel flowers together. 

Now I am waiting (very impatiently I might add) for the border fabric to arrive. The closest patchwork store is an hours drive away and they didn't stock the fabric I was looking for. So...I had to go with the online option and wait...and wait.  To my disappointment there was no parcel in my letter box last Friday afternoon.There was no skip in my step as I walked towards my house, empty handed. 


To cheer myself up, I continued to work on border four of my violet quilt. This is the project I took to Melbourne last weekend. It helped to fill in time spent in the car and plane. I finished one of the short sides last night and have a pile of diamonds and hexagons ready to go for another side. 


It will go here once I attach border three. Border three is a narrow strip of border print fabric.

7 comments:

  1. Your hexagons are looking fantastic. I hope postie delivers your border tomorrow so we can all see how it will look. Violet is looking lovely too......lots of piecing in that border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking fabulous! Love the flowers and Violet is blooming nicely....fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are doing a great job - it all goes well together

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love this border its a beautiful quilt
    hexies are cute, need to start EPP
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is going to be an amazing work of art! I completely and utterly LOVE the scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog