Wednesday 10 July 2013

What A Week!!


 The long awaited 18th birthday party was held last Saturday. It was lovely that so many family members and friends travelled for the event and several stayed with us.We sadly waved goodbye to the last of our visitors today. 

Two of the visitors (and the last to leave today) were my parents. Usually Mum and I take some time to sit and sew together...but unfortunately not this visit.

So...I haven't sewn a stitch since last Tuesday!! I have to admit that I can become a little difficult to get along with if a whole week passes with no chance to sew. It is my release...my way of relaxing and unwinding.

After the usual chores this morning, I made sure I had some time at my machine to catch up on a few projects this afternoon.


First I made this little zipper case. It was a kit from a new patchwork and gift ware store called Finders Keepers (no website to link to yet).


Then I finally got around to sewing block 3 in my Toes In The Sand Quilt...a good thing as block 4 will be arriving in my letter box soon.



I bought this fabric from the new store and made this with it...


I completed the embroidery for the matching needle case and pincushion back in January 2012!!!  Hope to complete the needle case before the holidays end and I plan on making the bag as well...one day...soon.

Ahhhh.....I feel so much better now. 

And what about finishing my hexie flannel quilt I hear you ask? Well...it is basted and I am going to relax on the lounge once I finish this post and continue with the hand quilting. 

Photos to follow soon.

6 comments:

  1. Glad the party went well and that you've finally had a chance to relax. I may have to detour via the new shop, it looks great on FB. Gorgeous fabrics, that one on the bottom right is one of my favourites. Good weather for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely projects there love the zippered bag,glad you got time to spend with family.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the party went well and now peace can return! Love your stitching as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know the party was a success....love your projects...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you survived the party and all went well. Love your new fabric purchases too Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good time was had by all xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog