Saturday 5 September 2015

Friday Night With Friends and Finish It Up Friday

Today I can finally show you the gift I recently finished for my friend Julie who celebrated her birthday today. So I am linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts

This is similar to the table runner I showed you in my last post.
 But...


...this one is much longer. Julie has a beautiful recycled timber table that is big enough for the whole family, the extended family and friends to gather around at the same time. So this table runner measures 77" long.



I really like this backing fabric.


Last night I also joined in with FNWF. I completed a little bit more hand quilting around the centre medallion.


I am over the halfway mark but feel like I have stagnated a bit with this project because I spent a bit of time at my sewing machine instead which has been nice for a change.


I hope you enjoy some time with your families tomorrow during Father's Day.


10 comments:

  1. WOW that is a longggg table runner. Bet your friend loved it....
    Beautiful hand quilting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your hand quilting. That is one stunning quilt you are working on. Nice work on the table runner too... it is huge! Have a lovely weekend....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your friend enjoys that loooong runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one very long table runner! Loving your hand quilting on Violet - one day I hope to be as good at it as you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The runner looks great...I really like the quilting, it's very effective. And the hand quilting is so lovely...really is a beautiful feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Raelee ,wow this table runner is amazing,i love it,what a lucky friend,well done,love your top stitching too,hope you have a lovely sunday my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table runner, wow what a lot of straight stitching! Very pretty hand quilting around your hexies too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely .......beautiful bright table runner and splendid hand quilting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that's a good sized table runner - it looks beautiful there on your floor, and I bet it looks great on Julie's table. Lovely quilting too, it sounds like you are making progress with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that table runner is HUGE! Love the colours you've used for it an I'm sure your friend will love it :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog