Saturday 18 July 2015

Friday Night Sew In and Finish it up Friday


Yesterday I experienced a first. I have seen light falls of snow on the ground before, BUT, I have never watched it actually falling from the sky! Yesterday on my way to collect DS No. 3 from a music camp, the snow was falling on the mountains just 40 minutes from home.


It was a wonderful experience as I realised that the rain had become icy. Then I realised it was no longer falling, but floating from the sky!
It was SO pretty!

We usually receive one light fall of snow each Winter on the nearby mountains. But I don't usually get the opportunity to see it. I have a strong aversion to cold weather. So, call me a party pooper, but I took these photos from the warmth and comfort of the car.

I have spent more time indoors as a result. Last night I joined in with Friday Night Sew In and continued quilting 'A Legacy From Violet'. You can now see the medallion on my frame. So, I am almost half way!!


Photos by lamp light are not great. But you can see I have started quilting around the centre medallion (still working out what to do there)....

 

...and the borders on either side. Here is a full size photo so you can get an idea of where I am up to.







Finally I have a finish for July. A Hatched and Patched pattern from Anni Downs.
So my OPAM tally stands at a fairly consistent one project each month. Also linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Hope it is warm where you are.




14 comments:

  1. We had some snowflakes too, but none settled. You are making great progress with Violet, the weather has been very conducive to staying indoors quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing experience to see that snow floating! The quilting looks great so far, it's an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow, but glad you made it there and back safely! Violet is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Raelee,so glad you enjoyed the snow and wow your quilt is amazing,well done,love your pin cushion as well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Kansas (USA) girl wants you to know that falling snow -- especially big fat flakes is beautiful and calming . glad you got to share it : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the cold.....roll on summer I say. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how exciting for you to have some snow. I hope you took the opportunity to take some quilt pics with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt. It's been on my "one day " list for many years. :) lovely pincushion. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snowfalls have been great fun.... I have loved seeing all the pictures... I amloving how you are quilting your beautiful quilt .. and lovely pincushion....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to be honest....I didn't know it snowed in Australia? How beautiful! I LOVE winter, especially as we are experiencing very warm temperatures here during summer. You are getting so much done on your beautiful heirloom! I can't wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is beautiful - and will be even more so when you've finished the quilting. Good luck with the colour catchers - I've had success with them in the past! Snow is always so pretty - and cold, not surprised you stayed in the car. We don't tend to get snow here but I'd love to be in a snowfall one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous to watch the snow floating from the sky !!
    your hand quilting is lovely and you do have a huge task ahead on the beautiful huge quilt.
    sweet pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you got to experience the snowfall , we get plenty of snow in these parts of the world so the novelty has worn off years ago ;-) your quilt is gorgeous and that centre medallion is beautiful . Good luck on the quilting . Cute pincushion too .

    ReplyDelete
  14. the snow was amazing.......we got to enjoy it at Nundle.........goodluck with your quilting........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog