It was a big day of English Paper Piecing yesterday when we gathered at the Plough Inn for our Cassilis get together.
Kylie worked on hexagons for her Vignette quilt.
Lea joined her hexagons to make a gorgeous bag.
Our new friend Bev used quilt-as-you-go for her hexagon bag.
Susan decided to be an individual and worked on EPP diamonds instead.
I decided to stick with the most popular shape of the day and FINALLY finished the ninety two flowers that will be appliqued to border six of my Violet Quilt.
A little tip: when the pattern says to use dark farbic for centres and petals, you really should do that. Unfortunately I did read the instructions but did not follow them and ended up unpicking about twenty something flowers to replace light coloured centres and making another twenty something new flowers so that they didn't disappear into the light coloured border fabric.
With all papers removed and a little bit of pressing I did get to start attaching them with applique glue. Three sides down, one to go. I need them prepared by next weekend as Mr Stitch and I have a little holiday planned and this will be my holiday stitching.
I have been VERY slack with my blog this month. At 11.29pm on the 31st May, I have just scraped in with one post before the month ends.